Wednesday, April 8, 2021 - 3rd Round
Public Health Trivia
- What are the three core functions of public health?
- TRUE OR FALSE: A case control study is when epidemiologist observe habitats of several different groups and determine the rate of a particular disease in each group.
- An example of indirect contact includes:
a. contaminated doorknob
b. droplets from a sneeze
d. drinking from someone else's beverage
- An example of direct contact includes:
a. dog bite
b. mosquito bite
c. kissing or sex
d. contaminated doorknob
- TRUE OR FALSE: A prospective study is when epidemiologist follow up with initially healthy people and record their exposures.
- What is an epidemic?
a. the first time a disease is documented
b. when more than 50% of a population has a specific illness
c. when more than 25% of a population has a specific illness
d. when the occurrence of a disease exceeds the normal rate
- According to the 2021 County Health Rankings, approximately what fraction of adult Arkansans smoke?
- What is the public health measure used to reduce exposure to disease through isolation called?
- According to the 2021 County Health Rankings, what is the average life expectancy in Arkansas?
- According to the County Health Rankings, what county has topped (been the ranked #1) both the health outcomes and health factors over the past few years?
- assessment, assurance, and policy development