Tuesday, April 6, 2021 - 2nd Round
Public Health Trivia
- What may predispose a someone to developing an illness?
- What is the process of sterilizing milk called?
- Which will NOT protect against a food borne illness?
a. washing produce before eating
b. thoroughly cooking meats and eggs
c. storing perishable items in a cool, dry environment
d. purchasing organic produce
- Which of the following toxic elements causes the neurological disorder that inspired the Alice in Wonderland character, the Mad Hatter?
- Who is widely considered to be the "Father of Modern Epidemiology"?
- Which disease is not correctly paired with the nutrient or vitamin that prevents it?
a. niacin - tuberculosis
b. iodine - goiters
c. vitamin C - scurvy
d. vitamin D - rickets
- What problem is prevented by adequate amounts of folic acid?
- What was the first illness that was attributed to an animal carrier?
- What Chinese invention played an early role in improving sanitation and hygiene?
- What is the form of contraception that is, other than abstinence, the most effective form of prevention against sexually transmitted diseases, such as HIV?
- genes or genetics
- John Snow
- birth defects
- malaria (mosquitos)