The Public Health Nursing Association of Arkansas will present the Outstanding Public Health Nursing Award, as well as the Donetta McGriff Scholarship for ADH employees who are going to school to obtain their nursing degree. You do not have to be a nurse to nominate someone for these awards. Please see the nomination forms for more information about award criteria and how to submit an award.
DonettaMcGriffScholarshipApp is awarded to assist Department of Health employees working in a community public health setting with an opportunity for educational advancement in order to further their education in nursing careers
Arkansas Society of Professional Sanitarians (ASPS)
The ASPS section is accepting requests for applications for a $1,000 scholarship to be awarded to an Arkansas student in their third semester or higher classification in the environmental field. The application deadline is April 7th, 2017. The scholarship will be awarded at the annual Arkansas Public Health Association meeting on May 10th, 2017.
Eligibility Criteria for Applicants
- Must be an Arkansas resident.
- Must be enrolled, or have plans to enroll in an environmental field.
- Must be at least a sophomore in a post-secondary institution in Arkansas.
- Must have at least a 2.5 GPA (Based on 4pt. System).
- Must demonstrate financial need.
Application must include past transcripts and a short essay about yourself and your proposed career goals with your degree. 2017 ASPS SCHOLARSHIP FORM
Health Administration Section (HAS)
Our dues will remain $10 payable in January. These dues will keep you in good standing with HAS January 1-December 31 . You may send your $10 registration to Maria Jones, Treasurer, 5413 Hawthorne Road, Little Rock, AR 72207. Invite all your co-workers to join! View and complete HAS Member Application2017 here.
Health Administration Section Membership
2017 MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION OR RENEWAL
The Health Administration Section (HAS) of the Arkansas Public Health Association (APHA) provides:
- A recognized section for APHA members engaged in health administration roles.
- A forum to promote professionalism in the field.
- A forum for discussion and training.
- One or more speakers at the annual APHA Conference
- An annual business meeting during the annual APHA conference.
Office Professionals of Arkansas
Health Literacy Section
The Partnership for Health Literacy in Arkansas, which is the Health Literacy Section of the Arkansas Public Health Association would like to provide you with a link for our latest information. Partnership for Health Literacy in Arkansas